Monday, December 1, 2008

To be 4 Again

Oh my gosh. I am still laughing. I am in the breakroom for my lunch. but just before one of the girls in my class was not sleeping and giving me attitude. After already making the threat, I told her that it was time for me to call Santa Claus. I get out my cell and am trying to keep a straight face, as Dominique sits not far from me, and I pretend that I am talking to Mrs. Claus on the phone. I tell the girl in my class that Mrs. Clause thinks she should have one more chance, but if she acts up again, I should call the North Pole back. I almost blew it (laughing) a few times. I think all of the kids are a little off from the holidays and not being in school since Wednesday, or earlier for some.

The rest of my break was pretty lowkey. On Friday morning I got my massage at 8:30. There was definitely some tension in my neck and shoulders, and both parts were a little sore on Saturday. Once I got home, my Mom, Monica and I grabbed lunch (at Mary's Market) and went out for a little shopping. We weren't too crazy. Monica needed a new winter jacket. She also got a scarf, some perfume, a few shirts. I got a couple pairs of Bearpaws and some earmuffs. That night we went out to dinner with a friend of the family, the Laisures, at a place called Fiesta Cancun. I was a little skeptical because there used to be a Wendy's in the building, but my vegetable fajitas were delicious! It wasn't your traditional peppers and onions. There was also broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. On the side I received rice, refried beans, guacamole and lettuce. (If I wouldn't have been so hungry that night, I probably could have gotten 3 vs. 2 meals out of the one order.) After dinner Monica and I watched there little boy , Joseph, while his parents visited someone in the hospital.

Saturday was finally my chance to sleep in: til 12:30 that is. :) Obviously I didn't do much that day: went for a run, spent some time at my grandparents and chilled with the fam before I took an 8:30AM train back to Chicago yesterday. Last night I really BABYsat: Gavin is 3, and his brother Grahm is only 6 weeks old! I don't think I've ever watched someone that young. I knew this going into it, but Grahm is a fussy baby. He likes to be held a lot, which I don't really mind. It was just hard to play with Gavin, clean-up, eat my dinner, etc. Speaking of... They left my money to order dinner. I didn't feel that hungry/didn't have a lot of free time with a crying baby, but I knew they would give me a hard time if I didn't order any food. So I called in an order. I told the man on the phone to have the delivery man dial the apartment, and I would buzz him up. Well, the delivery man called me and told me that there wasn't a buzzer. I thought that was odd, but I wrapped crying Grahm in a warm blanket and went downstairs, not realizing that the foyer door was going to lock behind me. Plus, there was no delivery man in sight. Thank God for the buzzer system, or the random neighbor wouldn't have been able to let me back in. Trust me, I was freaking out a bit! Once I got back upstairs, the guy that took my order called again. I ended up having to go back downstairs. I put a newspaper in the door and luckily got my food. The vegetarian couscous was delicious, just a little difficult to eat with a sleeping Grahm in my hands. He did not fall asleep until 9:30. I walked around with him for awhile until he was really out of it, then I sat down, and he slept in my arms until his mom got home. :) I definitely gained a lot of respect for new parents!

I have a feeling this time leading up to the holidays is going to fly by. It will be good though. :)

No comments: