Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Tofurkey Day! ;)

Watching Christmas movies, like Miracle on 34th Street and Elf, is an enjoyable way to relax on the holidays and catch up on e-mails (since my computer is down). Do you know what will also help? My massage tomorrow morning. :) My family usually puts our Christmas tree up, but a few strands of lights are currently burnt out. :(

Switching gears: I almost missed my train home on Wednesday. There was a lot of standstill traffic, and I felt like my bus hit all of the red lights. As the stops flashed across the front of the bus, so did the times. After awhile, I had to close my eyes; it was getting way too down to the wire! I got off the bus and pulled my bag up the stairs as I saw the lights of the train coming from downtown. The train ride went by quickly as I read the Red Eye and developed my plans for Thanksgiving food prep. Monica, her new boy (Tyler) and my cousin Joey picked me up from the Harvard train station. We made a couple of grocery stops and then made our way over to my Grandma's. She took me to get a new id, since I lost mine a couple of months ago, followed by my haircut. After that, it was time to get going. After I baked my pumpkin cheesecake and pecan crust, I relaxed a bit before hitting up the bars in the Rockton/Roscoe area. I went to the Village Pub where I met up with Emily and a good number of people that we graduated with. Then, after awhile, we went over to Jim Ez. It is always nice to see people that I have not seen in awhile, but it is also very overwhelming. Not only is the bar crowded and loud, there can be so much to catch up on (depending on the person). It also was not the same without "my girls." Last year everyone in the Super 7 was in town to celebrate the holidays, but Karen and Catherine are out of town; Grace didn't go out; Charlie had to work, and Jess and I ended up missing each other.

I was tired and as a result did not stay out too late. I woke up this morning to watch the second half of the Macy's Parade and to get going on my food. I was really happy with how everything turned out, especially the pumpkin cheesecake and the gravy! (I plan to make biscuits tomorrow morning for biscuits and gravy.) Sadly, I wasn't able to make the mashed potatoes that I planned on, but I improvised and made a kale side dish. Needless to say, I am still filled up from the afternoon's food, and my Mom already asked me what I am making for Christmas. haha

We said Grace at our meal today, but we never went around to say what we are most thankful for. I would say supportive friends and family and good health are the biggest two for me at the moment. I hope everyone reading this had a delightful holiday. Now, on to Christmas!

No comments: