Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

That song did not make the list, but the kids will be singing Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Feliz Navidad later this afternoon. Then, there is tomorrow and Friday until I have a weeklong, much needed, break.

I have not had much free time recently. Monday night Dominique and I went to a special sneak peek of Adam Sandler's new movie Bedtime Stories. I definitely would not pay to see the movie: it was fun to do on a Monday night, but I was neither of us were that into it. I miss his earlier movies like Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer. Last night I took home one of the little girls from the preschool side and babysat her until about 11:30PM.

I want to talk about my Sunday before it's too late. I woke up that morning in time to do a boot camp class at 11. It felt so good because I definitely have not had as much time to go the gym recently as I usually do. Fortunately it was a rather nice winter day, almost 50 degrees! I met Lauren downtown around 2, and we went shopping. I have so many people on my list that it was a bit overwhelming to shop. I did, however, pick up a scarf for one of my co-workers and a Lush bath fizz for Cristy. After some shopping I finally got in a visit with David, Cristy and Parker. It is always so good to see them. Little Parker slept on my lap for most of the time that I was there. I got there aaround 5 and didn't leave until like 10 or 10:30. Before going to bed I made a delicious corn and potato chowder for the week. Homemade soups are the best!

Shoot... My lunch break is over!

No comments: