Monday, December 15, 2008

If it Weren't for My Friends and Family,

I honestly might consider leaving Chicago. Don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic city, but these teen temperature days are very hard for me to deal with!

It's been awhile since I last blogged because my computer is down again! I think it may just be time for a new one! Friday was my friend/co-worker Dominiqe's Birthday. Since she is new to the city, I wanted to make sure that it was really special. I brought her a a birthday card, princess tiara and white chocolate mocha (her fav) to work Friday morning. Out director ordered pizza and cake for everyone. That night we went to dinner downtown at Quartino (Ristorante, Pizzeria and Wine Bar), which was a recommendation from one of our parents at the school. It is known for authentic Italian pizza and small plates. After our long week we ordered a pitcher of sangria. Then, Dominique ordered grilled organic veal skirt steak, and I got gnocchi with green beans, potatoes and arugula pesto. While we do know each other from work, which we talk about a good amount, is was nice to shift conversation away from work and the kids and talk about other aspects of our lives. We were both tired from the week post-dinner and headed home.

No matter how much I drink, I never feel good the next day. Therefore, it took me awhile to get out of the house on Saturday. I ran a few errands and did a little shopping before I babysat that night in Evanston. The family gave me a little extra for the holidays, which is so sweet! The girls that I babysat for are incredibly easy. The power going out halfway through the night made it a little interesting, but luckily the two youngest ones were already asleep.

Time to get back to work, but I will right about Sunday asap.

Tea inspiration of the day: "Love what is ahead by loving what has come before."

No comments: