Thursday, January 8, 2009

Someone Upstairs is Looking Out for Me

Grr... How does this always happen? I mean to write more often than I actually do.

The reason for my title is very embarassing to me: I got to the bus stop Wednesday morning, opened my bag to get out my CTA card and did not have it. I was annoyed that I had to go back to my apt but felt positive that I would find my wallet on the floor, among the mess. However, when I got home, I could not find it. I ended up driving to work. My bank accounts were all okay, but it did not mean that it was easy for me to go about my day not thinking about it.


Just to retrace my stops I thought I would go to the Sheridan el station. (I took the train over to Lindsay and Ema's the previous night.) It was not turned in there, but the gentleman working told me to call the lost and found at Howard. To my surprise... Someone had turned it in. I'm still not entirely sure how I lost it, and I don't know why I tend to have this problem of losing things. I've been lucky to have a cell phone or two returned to me, in addition to this wallet. It'd be one thing if I had an excuse (ie I was drunk.), but I don't really. I think I was talking to a parent and did not hear my wallet drop.

The woman and the lost and found told me that she would be at Howard until 11, so I headed in that direction after work. I was fortunate to have all of my credit/debit cards and cash in my wallet, but my loose change and good number of gift cards (4 Visas, Panera, Starbucks and Subway). Even though that frustrates me, I am grateful to have back the necessities. I guess the person doesn't like Macy's because they did not touch that gift card.

I ended the night with a delicious dinner with Lindsay Rathert. (More to come later!)

No comments: