Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting Excited!

After talking to a few of my closest friends (Caitlin and Lauren) this past week, I have become very excited about the prospects of going back to school for nursing. Just this morning I requested information from about 10 different schools! Surprisingly none of these accelerated BSN programs exist in Chicago, which means I will be moving somewhere new (unless I decide to do a regular, not accelerated program). The thought of moving someplace new for a year or so excites me! Some of the these schools include: Villanova, NYU, UPenn and University of Michigan. Now will begin the process of sifting through prerequisites, lengths of programs, costs, start dates, etc.

This weekend wasn't anything too exciting... I was actually "all star babysitter." I babysat Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. I made some extra money, which is always nice to have. The extra money, combined with Caitlin getting out of the hospital on Saturday and having today off has caused me to be in a better mood than I have been recently. Work has been getting more and more frustrating for me lately. With travel time I am committing myself to work 8:30-7ish Mon-Friday. I want more free time to get on top of stuff for school, to volunteer more, to have more time for myself. It would be hard to leave my current job, but I think it will need to happen in the near future. If not, I won't have much room for growth.

Oh yeah... I watched this really cute, inspiring movie last night: The Ultimate Gift. I recommend it. Happy MLK Day everyone. :)

No comments: