Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! (01/01)

As I wrote in my last post, I am not crazy about celebrating New Year's Eve, but I do like the thought of a new year, a fresh start (just like I love the start of a new school year or new semester). After sleeping in this morning I came home and went on a mad cleaning/organizing spree: washing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, organizing mail, etc. I can't believe it's already 10PM. I am happy to know that I have the next three days off of work. I think I am going to need it going into a full five day week on Monday.



Last night was nothing like my last New Year's Eve (I blacked out in all-inclusive Riviera Maya with my sister.), but it was really nice. After trying to find a parking spot for 30+ minutes, I got to Grace and Charlie's around 10. Charlie recently got a puppy named Gryffin, who greeted me at the door-so cute! It was nice to catch up with everyone (Grace, Charlie, Jess, Brian, Ryan, Pat and Doug), It had been awhile. I also met some of Charlie's friends from Truman. We did the official countdown and champagne toast at midnight, but my fellow working friends and I were all in bed by 2.

No comments: