Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is This Really Happening?!

I cannot stop smiling. :) I think I know what I want to do with my life!! Today I met with Libby at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (http://www.pacificcollege.edu/). In talking with her, and her friend Sonora for almost three hours, I learned that a Master of Science (Traditional Oriental Medicine) combines my interests in medicine,psychology, nutrition, education and cooking. There are also three campuses: New York City, Chicago and San Diego. So in summary, I plan to go to medical school, but it's Oriental/Eastern medical school. It just all came together, and I don't think it could have come at a better time. Work has really been getting me down lately and spilling into other aspects of my life.

For example, last night I was not really looking forward to going over to my friends' house warming party. How sad is that?! It's kind of funny looking back on it now: I drove there, but it's only permit parking around their place. Then, when I drove back, I somehow couldn't get over the snow drift back into the garage (even though I got out). So I parked on some random side street, went back upstairs to get cab money for later and walked there. It ended up being a great time: a group of us went in a side room, totally isolated from the "party", and caught up. I didn't get home until after 1AM: so late for me!

So back to today... I talked with my Mom just a little while ago, and she has been looking into going back to school for massage therapy. We are both in the same place right now when it comes to not liking our jobs and wanting something more fulfilling out of life. So who knows what will happen in the future with both of us pursuing careers in Eastern medicine?! I would love to open a place with yoga, massage therapy, acupuncture and anything else that falls into this realm of goodness. I also foresee myself trying to educate a younger population. This sounds so corny, but I feel so good right now, so grateful. :)

No comments: