Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cold and Sick of It!

Honestly... I cannot stop thinking about sundresses, warm weather and green grass! Too bad it's only January. :( Regardless of the cold, the week is going by rather quickly. I like to think that making plans during weekday evenings helps. Monday evening was nothing special, but last night Ashley picked me up from work, and we went to the Chicago Diner for dinner. I had been there once before. I was told that they have awesome " radical reuben"s (Sliced seitan, onions, peppers, sauerkraut, vegan thousand island dressing, cheese, on marbled rye), so that's what I ordered with a side of sweet potato fries. Macaroni and cheese sounded good too, so I got a side of that. The sandwich was very good; I liked the sweet potato fries; I didn't like the macaroni and cheese. Ashley ordered the sweet potato quesadilla (spinach tortilla with grilled chickin seitan, spiced black beans, mashed sweet potatoes, cheese & spinach). I definitely tried a bite- unique and tasty! After dinner we shared the cocoa mousse cake (chocolate layer cake with creamy mousse filling & rich frosting, topped with chocolate ganache.) There was nothing left. :) We both agreed that there are a lot of options, and the food is good, but the service isn't the greatest. Looking at the menu again today, there is still a lot of food I want to try, so I would go back, but I won't expect too much. After dinner I made a new black bean salad for a potluck dinner tonight at Lauren's apt.

I'm excited to see her and her roommates. I am all bundled up today and ready to face the snow!

No comments: