Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yea, a babysitting job!

This post would have been a little more negative, but I just got a babysitting job about 30 mins ago. This weekend I totaled up all of my spending from the month of September. I realized that I need to make about $ more a month. I will also have loan repayments coming soon. I wish it was something I didn't have to stress/think about a lot, but I do. After work I went to a bar in Wrigleyville that posted an ad in need of female servers and bartenders. They listen an open interview for tomorrow afternoon 12-5, but I will be at work. I'm pretty sure there was this really pretty, well-dressed girl being interviewed when I went in. The guy at the bar took my resume and told me that he would be in touch. Let's just say that the experience was a blow to my self-esteem. I can't stop thinking about it. :( Anna also had a meltdown today (after a really good past couple of days). She's actually developed a very interesting relationship with me: she always wants to sit on my lap, hug me and just be near me. It's much better than being pinched, hit, etc., but she gets really upset sometimes when I can't give her all of my attention.



Sunday was another day that ended up being completely different than I thought it would be. I ended up going to sleep, with a headache, Saturday night. I planned to go to the Farmers' market and workout in the morning before I met up with Lauren to vegan bake. My phone rang/woke me up at 12:45!! It was Lori, who is now my babysitting job. I called Lauren right away and headed over to her place (after waiting in the rain for the bus for about 30 mins). Together we made fall-inspired Gingerbread Scones with a maple glaze. At first I wasn't crazy about them, but I really liked the flavor after they cooled down and the glaze set in. Later that night I met up with Lori, and her husband Rich, who I really like(d)! They seem like a really young, fun couple.



Monday was nothing significant, and last night, with it pouring rain outside, I went crazy in the kitchen... I made a large batch of butternut squash, sweet potato and apple soup. It is so delicious and "fally"! I think I might make it for my family Thanksgiving. Then, I made "roasted tofu and vegetable napoleon" for dinner. It wasn't too difficult; it was a stacker of portobello mushroom, tofu, sweet potato, zucchini, tomato, roasted red pepper and carrot with an basil/olive oil dressing. That's all for now. I'm watching Project Runway with my roomies. :)

No comments: