Monday, October 13, 2008

Something Old Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

The title of this blog was inspired from a wedding I attended this weekend. On Saturday, my friend Kathy, who I have known since she was born, got married in Rockton. I'm not entirely sure why, but I found myself tearing up a lot throughout the night, especially when her younger sister Abby read her speech and when Kathy danced with her Dad. I might have been a little sad because I don't see her as much as I'd like to. When I think about it, our families have so much history. Then, here she is all grown up and married! It's events like this that make me realize I am an adult.

Now let me go back a little. On Friday I received a nice surprise at work: one of my students' mother brought all of the teachers flowers. I can't remember the last time I got flowers! Then, on Friday night I took the train into Evanston to meet up with Carryn for dinner. She grabbed some Pita Pete's, and I got Noodles & Company, and we just took it back to Garnett. It was so nice to see her and to be in Evanston again. (I definitely felt nostalgic!) I didn't stay too long because I had to pack for home/was pretty tired from the week. I caught an 8:30 train from Chicago to Harvard. My Grandma Dar was there to pick me up. We made a quick stop by Target and then to the wonderful, well-known Edward's Apple Orchard. Oh how I love fall foods! I got a warm apple cider donut, had a glass of apple cider and bought a taffy apple, a bag of honeycrisp apples and some apple butter.

My Grandma dropped me off at home. My Mom made me a delicious vegan pizza for lunch, and I sadly watched Northwestern lose to Michigan State. On a positive note, Justin brought over his family new puppy Indy. Indy is a white lab/Golden Retriever mix and so cute (of course)! He was playing in the huge holes that my sister's Huskie (Chiefton) has dug in our backyard over time. After the reception my sister and I were both exhausted, so we called it an early night. Yesterday morning I went to breakfast with my Dad at my Grandma Elaine's house before catching a train back to Chicago. The rest of my afternoon is really nothing exciting to report.

No comments: