Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Catchup Day

Sunday's are always my day to try and get on top of stuff: going through my e-mails, cleaning my room, buying groceries for the week, etc. I'm watching Stepbrother right now with my roommate and her bf; it's incredibly foul!

Highlights from the Week:

On Tuesday night I went to my first DDD alum meeting after work. :) There was a safety presentation and dinner, followed by a chance for me to meet some of the other recent grads. There were a couple of teachers there, so that was easy conversation.

After work on Wednesday I went over to Cristy's. She made a Thai dinner for me, Gina and Chiara. Al, Nick and Dave also enjoyed it with us after they got back from the bar. Cristy's doing really well: she is full-term and could have her baby any day. His stuff is all set up, and the overnight hospital bag is packed. I am getting excited! We had the presidential debate on the tv, but I chose to watch baby move in Cristy's stomach. It's truly an amazing phenomenon.

On Friday night I met up with Charlie, Grace, Jess, Ryan and Brian at a place called Louie's Pub on North Avenue. It was karaoke night and soo entertaining! All of the flatscreens had the lyrics up, so everyone could sing along. We were belting those songs out! By the time the girls and I decided to put a request in for Livin' on a Prayer, it was too late in the night. They never played our song. :( Regardless, it was a fantastic night, and I am so excited to celebrate Grace's birthday with the girls this upcoming Friday.

On Saturday morning I woke up around 8 to head into Evanston for Northwestern's Homecoming. It took me awhile to get mobilized. I met up with Ashley, her roommate Karen, Katie and Caroline. Katie drove us all into Evanston. they went up North to the stadium, and I flew solo to 82o Hamlin. There were so many people there! I felt like a broken record telling everyone about my roommates, my job, my apt, etc., but I enjoyed hearing from everyone else. Plus, the tailgat was catered complete with flavored coffee, fruit & veggie trays, chili, corndogs and delicious sweet potato fries! In my attempts to be economical, I didn't buy a ticket for the game. Instead, I went to Nevin's to watch Northwestern beat Purdue. It was a Happy Homecoming. :) Later that night (post-Pita Pete's lunch), I babysat and made some $$! No idea what's in store for me this week...

No comments: