Friday, July 3, 2009

For She's a Jolly Good Fellow!

For anyone who follows my blog, you will be pretty surprised to see that I am posting again toady. (It usually takes me about a week or more between posts.) However, today is my Grandma's 70th Birthday, and I want to say some nice things about her on here 1) because I know she will read it but will not receive anything in the mail today and 2) because everyone should now how amazing she is.

I was born into a pretty good situation: only child of my parents and the only grandchild to my Grandma and Papa. Needless to say... I was pretty spoiled. Yet, even after the birth of my sister, my Grandparents continued to dote on us. Spending Friday nights was a win-win for all parties involved: My parents went out, while my sister and I got to spend some quality time with Grandma and Papa. Those nights often consisted of movies such as Bedknobs and Broomsticks or going to minor league baseball games. Monica and I danced and cheered on the team, but most of all, I think we loved getting all of the "baseball food": hotdogs, Cracker Jack, peanuts in the shell.. We ate everything. Saturday mornings always consisted of a delicious breakfast made by Granny: eggs, baccon, sausage, frenchtoast, whatever we wanted as Monica and I watched our Saturday morning cartoons.

Additionally, we always loved shopping with Granny. She helped helped fill my Limited Too collection back in the day. (Even now, when I go home, she likes to help me out by paying for things here and there.) Grandma and Papa were like an extra set of parents when it came to the football and basketball games I cheered for. They were always there. That applies to any important event or Awards Ceremony. Now that my Mom's in school, I think I talk to my Grandma more than I talk to my own Mom. She has always been, and continues to be, a great source of love, support and confidence. I can't imagine how different my life would be without her in it.

I love you Granny. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and I promise to be home soon! xoxo

No comments: