Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Babysitter of the Week

I only babysat for an hour tonight because the Dad's flight landed early, but I babysat 7:15-12:15 last night and am babysitting 1-5 and 7-? tomorrow night. I can't complain. They are all pretty easy money, and I'm not missing out on an anything too exciting (as compared to weekend babysitting).

I finished an Anatomy midterm today, which had been looming over my head for awhile. I always have a hard time remembering what I did on the weekends. Oh yeah... Now I've got it. I went into work early and got out early on Friday so that I could go to the KC's Academy Spring Awards Ceremony. It was so nice to see all of the kids and their families, and it was really great to not have to try and keep everything in order but rather to be a spectator. A few of the kids had piano solos, which literally made my heart melt. I grabbed some coffee with Dominique and studied before meeting the newly engaged Cristy and David downtown for dinner at Cheesecake Factory.

I worked out on Saturday and then met up with Dominique to go to the Arabesque Festival downtown. I realized last weekend that I had not been taking advantage of Chicago summers, so I looked up what was going on last weekend. The best parts of the festival were the food: falafel pita and mango smoothie and listening to the music. I wanted to do some shopping but neither of us were to in the mood. Nothing much seemed to he happening that night, so I rented Revolutionary Road and just relaxed. I guess I didn't really know the plot of that movie. The acting was great, but the plot was pretty depressing. I just kind of sat there after the movie ended. 

Going to sleep early allowed me to wake up early on my own Sunday morning. For the first time ever I went to Zumba  class. For those of you who do not know, this is the course description: While you feel the flavor of Brazilian and Latin dance as you salsa, meringue and cha cha your way to fitness. The moves are easy and you will feel like you have been at a dance party. Oh my gosh... I loved it!! It wasn't even like a workout. It was because I got my heart rate up, but I loved it so much. I was actually sad the class ended. I wish the class was offered more often. After the gym I came home and got ready for the Pride Parade. (It was a Dominique weekend.) The two of us met on Broadway and watched the 3 hour parade!! We discovered a brick wall that some people were sitting on, and we got up there too. For getting there so late, we had a pretty fantastic view. Three hours definitely led to some discomfort though. After being in San Francisco a couple of summers ago, Chicago was pretty tame. Even the crowd seemed so quiet to me. No one was really singing, dancing or cheering. It kind of made me sad. 

After the parade I met met up with some of my classmates at Noble Tree Cafe to study Anatomy. It's a great place to study. I can't believe today is July 1st, and this weekend is the 4th of July! :) 

No comments: