Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Concluding My Last Post

I feel somewhat bad, but having my computer in class makes it so much more manageable. So on Saturday Monica and I slept in a bit. Then, we made plans to get sushi at Toro Sushi in Lincoln Park. One of my classmates had told me that it's amazing sushi, and he was right. We ordered three special rolls. (I wish they had an online menu, so I could be reminded of what all was in them.) I remember that one of them was named "Oh My God," and boy was it good. As we were talking to sushi I realized that we were really close to Molly's Cupcakes, so we went there afterwards. We split 2 of the most popular ones: The Ron Bennington, which was essentially chocolate with peanut butter in the middle and Cookie Monster, which had cookie dough in the middle. We hung out there for a little while, but it was so busy/loud. Monica was a trooper and went with e to Starbucks so I could study. The best part of the night, however, was the concert. With Darius Rucker and Vince Gill, the best part did not start until about 9:15. We were a little cool until then: we sang and danced the entire time, never sitting down again. Rascal Flatts played most of their hits, and I think it was my favorite concert! Monica and I determined that it must have been new, but there was this really "lovey dovey" couple in front of us that me want to be in a relationship. They were pretty cute. It's been awhile.
We were planning to hang out in Wrigley after the concert, but it did not pan out. Instead, we grabbed some Late Night Thai for a late dinner. I was sad when I had to take her to the train Sunday morning. While I love my program, my classmates, my teachers, etc., as I studied that day, I was reminded that this is the "real deal." The intensity of my program is going to increase A LOT come September, and weekends primarily filled with fun will most likely be few and far between. To try and stay social I had dinner with the girls (Emily, Grace, Charlie and Jess) last night. I had not seen them in awhile, and it just so happens that we were all free that night.

No comments: