Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mind Over Matter

Oh my gosh... I still can't get over this, which probably explains why I am blogging instead of studying, but after studying from 1ish-6 today, I decided that it was the perfect weather for a run. 

I figured I would probably run for an hour or so, but then I saw the Sears Tower in the distance and decided I wanted to run there. I had no set path- just followed the tallest building in the city and went whichever way the streetlights allowed. It was so strange how easy the run felt, even at the end: I had my goal in mind and was not going to change my mind (powerful stuff). I would say that I have run an hour (at most) recently, but today I ran for 2 hours. When I look at google maps, it says that the shortest walking path is 10mi round trip, so I know I ran more than that. 

What an amazing sense of accomplishment. Let's see how I feel tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just about half way to a marathon... Congrats