Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My First Interview!

That's right... I have my first interview tomorrow, and I am incredibly excited about it! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think it's a really good fit for me. After all of my searching through universities and hospitals, I found this posting on Craig's List. I applied last night, to be an assistant teacher, and they called me back this morning to set up an interview for tomorrow afternoon. It is located in Wrigleyville and serves the surrounding areas of Uptown, Lakeview and Lincoln Park (all areas in which I plan to apartment hunt). If I receive the position, I would be working with little ones up to 6 years of age. I feel very much aligned with their philosophies. They believe in a small child/teacher ratio, intro to English and Spanish, healthy snacks, learning through interaction and more. Hopefully I'll have good news tomorrow night. (Please keep your fingers crossed for me!)

In other positive news, I received a position to work at special events for Kiddie Korps! I received a phone call about that yesterday and have an event coming up on Thursday evening Aug 14th. Yesterday was a perfect depiction of my typical day (for those of you who are wondering). I went to the grocery store. My Mom hates going, and I love it! Then, I prepared the night's dinner, which focused on using cucumbers. I made "Cool as a Cucumber Soup," a "Garbs and Carbs" salad w a "Cucumber Raita" yogurt-like dressing. As that chilled/marinated in the fridge, I went to North Pointe for a kickboxing class. After dinner with the fam I conducted some job research and read before bed.

If I haven't said this already, I started cooking a lot since I decided to eat vegan, and I really enjoy it. I made granola this morning before I worked out and met Karen and Em Temp for coffee at Starbucks. I had missed them a lot! Then, tonight I marinated eggplant and zucchini for my Mom to throw on the grill. I finished off the meal with homemade chocolate chip cookie bars. I don't think a meal's complete without a little dessert. :)

No comments: