Sunday, August 3, 2008

Go Cubs Go!

Yea!! The Cubs just beat the Pirates (8-5) and are now up five games. (I'm jealous because this time my parents are at the game.)

I don't have a lot to report after these past couple of days, but I'd rather write now than wait and have a lot to write about. Yesterday morning I went to a farmers' market in Beloit. It wasn't quite the same as San Francisco, but I got a lot of fresh vegetables and made an awesome stir-fry for dinner last night. I also bought Amish apple butter, dried cantaloupe (very good) and a necklace made by Jinga Jewlery: a line of fair trade jewlery from Uganda. (Check it out at http://www.jinjaproject.com/). I spent some time with my grandparents, worked out and then went back to job searching. I found and applied for a job as an assistant preschool teacher at Loyola's Lake Shore campus. Other than that... No new job updates. Today I've just been cleaning and organizing. It's a good thing to do on a Sunday. Since I lost my camera in Paris, Linds mailed me all of her pictures on cds. I just went through all of them, and I want to go back!

No comments: